Saturday, September 10, 2011

Start of the game

After you've customized yourself a little and selected your name, the game will begin. You appear at the shrine near the edge of town. The shrine maiden welcomes you, then leads you into town to show you where you will be staying. You start off living with a moderately successful NPC(edit: the school teacher) that provides housing for all of the newcomers. You live there until they're ready for you to move into a room at a local mansion. While staying at the starter house you'll have to do some tasks for the NPC that owns the place. These tasks will help you become familiar with the people and places of the town to a certain extent, though the town will be pretty small (remember, it expands later). I may include the option for you to get your own house later on. Perhaps a small cottage.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of getting your own home when the village grows. Will there be customization options for the house? I'd like to be able to place my own furniture as I please, paint the house, expand it, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not entirely certain about which options will be available for the house or for the room at the mansion. I like the idea of customizing the house, but my concern is that I may be stuffing too many ideas into the game. If things go well though, I'd like to implement house customization. Since I'm not sure if that will work out, I can't say for sure how much you'll be able to do with your house.

    ReplyDelete