Sunday, September 18, 2011

Minor Update

Sorry about the lack of posts or threads lately. I've been incredibly busy lately. I've had a chance to work on sprites a bit, but I don't want to post any sprites until I've finished more ideas. I'm still trying to decide which style to use.

I've put some thought into which programming language to use and Python seems like a good choice. That way I'll be able to make Milk Tea run on Linux distributions as well as Windows. I've heard that Python is very easy to use, so I'm hoping that using it will cut development time. I've heard that it's a bit bloated though (which makes sense), but I don't think it'll be an issue since the game will be 2D and it won't be a high speed game. If you're familiar with Python, please leave some feedback regarding this decision.

Oh, and in other news... I've heard some of you compare the idea of this game to games like Harvest Moon. A new game will be coming out soon. Should I purchase it for the sake of research for Milk Tea?

Hopefully I'll have more free time this week to put towards Milk Tea. I kind of feel bad when I don't update the blog... Please enjoy delicious tea when you've a moment to spare. I can assure you that I've had plenty lately.

8 comments:

  1. Definitively buy a Harvest Moon game. They're all a little different, but the core is usually the same. Also a new Rune Factory is coming or came out, I can't remember, and that is a really good reference. If you have Steam, Recettear is pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the latest Harvest Moon game (Tale of Two Towns). It's pretty interesting, but I'm not so sure which aspects I'd consider borrowing from it. I don't really like how time passes or how relationships develop in this game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Updates where, Mint?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been really busy lately, unfortunately. I'm a bit behind in my classes and I've a final coming up this week. I'll likely have a decent amount of free time around mid-October so long as I don't have a new job by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm losing faith ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  6. After that response all faith is lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow it's mid-November and no new progress.

    ReplyDelete