Sunday, September 11, 2011

Graphics Suggestions

I'd like to make some sprites for the game, but it would be really helpful if I had some nice sprites to use as a base. I'm not really sure which style to use. One person suggested making sprites like the ones in Illusion of Gaia. They look pretty nice, but I don't know if that would be best for this game. Please let me know what kind of sprites you would like to see in the game. Perhaps you can suggest a game with nice sprites.

Edit: Art style has been settled.

4 comments:

  1. Can you give me a visual example of how big you want the head to be in comparison to the body? If so I'll load up every 2D game I have and tell you what I think might work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/ImagesSheet/IllusionofGaiaSheet1.gif

    No bigger than these examples would be ideal, but if you really like a style with bigger heads, post it anyway. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was tougher than I had expected it would be. I guess I don't play enough games with little girls in them. Only styles I know of that might fit are Heavenly Guardian, the Touhou fighters (IaMP, Soku), Grief Syndrome, and Eternal Fighter Zero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about something similar to Magical Pop'n? Simple and cute.

    ReplyDelete